- Virgin Mobile Mexico launches MVNO through Spanish Telefónica’s Movistar network, but regulator IFT reportedly may review whether Virgin missed permit deadline for operations.
- PEMEX sells $2.8 billion holding in Spanish national oil company REPSOL to in order to divert capital to expected higher-yielding opportunities arising from Mexican market liberalisation.
- South Korea’s Kia Motors said to plans its first Mexican factory in Monterrey to produce about 300,000 small cars per year and relieve current capacity constraints at US plants.
- Level 3 Communications broadcasting services firm of the US to distribute international feed of the FIFA World Cup to Mexico’s TV Azteca through Level 3’s Vyvx Solutions service.
- Mexico’s Organisation of Internal Control launches investigation into bid by GTECH for Pronósticos lottery after complaints by rival bidders, Sorteo Games and Win Systems.
- Mexico’s Federal Judiciary Council reportedly says a court orders main shareholder in oil-services firm Oceanografia to be tried for allegedly defrauding Citigroup unit Banamex.
Hasta la próxima!