- Dutch UNIT4, producer of business management software for SMEs, teams up with Spain’s Mondragon to market software solutions in Mexico, building Latin American growth strategy.
- Mexican animation firm Anima Estudios creates Madrid-based Anima Kitchent with former executives of Spain’s Vodka Capital, to create entertainment brands for youth markets.
- India’s Tech Mahindra says it will offer consulting services and product solutions to telecom, banking, insurance, energy and other industries in Mexico, launching two-year market push.
- Asset intelligence firm TireStamp of the US, agrees to market its TireVigil TPMS products in Mexico through Torreon-based Teniko, Inc. to commercial bus, trucking and mining fleets.
- Mexican auto-parts maker Nemak breaks ground on US$ 80-million Russian factory at Ulyanovsk on the Volga River; components plant expected to be operational in 2015.
- Citigroup fires 11 people, including four managing directors, for failing to prevent or discover a US $400 million loan fraud at its Mexican unit; more people appear likely to be disciplined.
- Mexican executive Gastón Azcárraga, accused of money laundering, seeks asylum in US.
Hasta la próxima!