- Biotech investor Harris & Harris Group of the U.S. reports portfolio company Metabolon signed exclusive research collaboration and licensing agreements with Mexico’s Patia Biopharma, for access to Metabolon’s prediabetes test technology.
- Virgin Mobile selects Austrian I-New as technology partner for Mexican service rollout, using “MVNO-in-a-Box” platform for third time, after Chile and Colombian openings.
- Grupo Multimedia Lauman of Mexico and Bloomberg of the U.S. launch multi-platform Spanish-language news service to provide local business news plus global market coverage. Content to appear on television, digital platforms and in print.
- Twitter said to seek Mexico exchange listing via International Quotation System.
- Alta Ventures Mexico-financed online bus and train booker Wanderu expands service to include US West Coast, “from San Diego all the way through Canada.”
- Mexico’s Adsum Software “Mis Reuniones” workplace app wins Best Audience segment of Mobile Premier Awards at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- Arkansas State University breaks ground on US$50 million campus in Querétaro. Campus will be first American-style university in Mexico, to begin classes in 2015.
Hasta la próxima!